Thursday, March 26, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are - Movie Trailer

I was way too old for this 1963 book when it first hit the bookstores and, somehow or another, despite its steady popularity, I don't remember ever seeing a copy of it among the kids books we had in the house when my daughters were the appropriate age. But despite all of that, I've been aware of the book for years. Now it is soon to be a movie:



What do you think, those of you familiar with the little book from which a full-length movie has now sprung?

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! I can't wait to see it. I love the book. The movie is definitely an expansion of the book. But Sendak's books are so rich and evocative, they could present endless opportunities. Thanks for posting the movie trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks awesome. I loved this book when I was a kid, and I can't wait to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, y'all. I'm totally unfamiliar with the book and wondered about the "costumes" in the trailer. They aren't particularly realistic but that may be part of the overall appeal and link to the book?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.