Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hemingway & Gellhorn, Official Trailer

Lots of interesting movies lately, and here's another one.  HBO is set to start showing a new HBO movie called Hemingway and Gellhorn on Monday, May 29.  The movie covers the relationship of journalist Martha Gellhorn and her husband, Ernest Hemingway.  I'm embedding the very short movie trailer that HBO has released to publicize the film - it runs for less than one minute, but gives a good feel for the time period covered and the quality of the movie.

Hemingway and Gellhorn stars Nicole Kidman as Martha Gellhorn and Clive Owen as Hemingway.  In addition, it is directed by Philip Kaufman.  Word on the street is that this one is already an Emmy favorite.  We'll have to wait on that, but I'm impressed that a few literary films are being released lately to compete with all those vampires, starving teenagers, and wizards out there.  Unfortunately, I won't be seeing this one anytime soon because I no longer subscribe to HBO (thanks to the existence of Bill Maher there), so do let me know if I missed something good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you guys...that's what keeps me book-blogging. Thanks for stopping by.